“June is the time for being in the world in new ways, for throwing off the cold and dark spots of life.” ~ Joan D. Chittister ~
Another month, another Murph. We made it! And what an amazing time getting there. We ran in April, challenged ourselves on pull-ups in May and focused on our Wendler cycle to get there. We are so proud of our CrossFit family and how well they came together, worked together, and remembered those who have given the ultimate sacrifice. “There is no greater love than to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.” John 15:13
June brings a lot of change. Our schedules are shifting. Folks are vacationing and traveling. And our programming has changed. We are following the PRVN programming for the summer. And with it are some awesome bonus features. Each day we start off with warm-up, followed by skill or strength training, a high intensity WOD, and finally a cool down. Bonus features include accessory work, level 1, 2, and masters 55+ scaling, as well as travel/hotel variations. Coach Deb and Todd are currently attending a convention in Anaheim, CA and opted to test out the new hotel option instead of trying to coordinate drop-ins. These workouts are no joke! Whoever heard of staying in shape (or better!) on the road?! Now, if only nutrition on the road was as easy…
Kids’ classes are on the way this summer. Please stay tuned for updates on those times and classes. Coach Lisa – newly retired from teaching kids for the last 33 years – will be taking the Kids’ CrossFit course this month and continuing her passion of working with and loving on our kids. We are so blessed!
Also in the coaching pipeline, we have Randy Strand and Todd Cook who will be attending the Level-1 Course in July. Best of luck to both of them! Study hard, guys.
April’s monthly running challenge winners were Matt, Aaron, Monica, and Katie. Way to go folks, on that 51,000 meter challenge! June is “Bring a Friend” month. You bring a friend and they workout for free and you get a point for the day. Your friend has to attend the same class and be with you in order to work out and earn points for the challenge. So make sure you coordinate schedules and sign up for class together!
What to expect:
- June starts off an 8-week “Hybrid Cycle.” We will touch on higher volume, higher intensity strength specific pieces to develop both overall strength and endurance. Strength/weightlifting – Finishing off our current Wendler cycle and testing our 1RM for back squat, bench press, and deadlift. Integrating PRVN Strength and Oly programming starting off with a 10RM Front Squat, cluster sets, and EMOM work, and 1RM Snatches and Clean and Jerks towards the end of the cycle.
- Weekly workouts with a focus on targeting a wide array of time domains combinations and new skills.
- Birthday Party WODs – Saturday, June 17th.
- Saturday Partner WODs with partner and team workouts.
- Monthly Fitness Challenge – Bring A Friend!
Summer Class Schedule – (Starting June 5th):
M-F 5AM, 6AM, 7AM, 8AM, 9AM morning classes – starting June 5th.
M- F 3PM, 4PM, 5PM and 6PM afternoon classes – starting June 5th.
Saturdays 9AM FREE Partner WOD.
Sundays – Closed.
Drop In Class Rates – $10.